Start learning 3D with shape, line, form, typography and color.
Join thousands of students learning my 3D design techniques in Cinema 4D Lite!
We're full! Registration is closed.
I'll open it again soon! Join the waitlist to be the FIRST to know when I open more spots. 🙌
Hiiii! I'm Devon Ko. ✨
I’m the creator of 3D for Designers, THE place to be for designers who want to learn 3D!
I was an early designer at Dropbox and the founding designer of Codecademy, the world’s most popular learn-to-code platform.
My work has appeared all over the place! The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, TIME, SPIN, Rolling Stone...
After leaving Dropbox in 2014, I started a new career in 3D when I directed and animated a music video for Wilco.
Now I'm helping other designers start the next phase of THEIR career... 😍
Intro to Cinema 4D for Designers
This new, self-paced course gives you instant access to my design techniques for beautiful shape, form, lighting, color, and texture in 3D.
What you'll learn in this course:
- How to create, morph, and animate basic shapes
- The four key methods for designing complex and unusual shapes... the RIGHT way
- How to animate ANY attribute in 3D... including scale, rotation, and position
- How to instantly extrude type... and adjust the kerning, tracking, and baseline all in 3D
- How to draw lettering with a vector-like tool right in Cinema 4D... and animate it being drawn!
- The SPECIFIC settings to use for studio lighting setups... including which lights to use and WHERE to put them!
- My one-of-a-kind setups for jaw-dropping stylized lighting... that you won't find ANYWHERE else
- How to create stunning color and texture for objects, environments, and backgrounds
- The procedural techniques I use to animate grain, waves, water, and other surfaces
- And more…
Just take a look at the results designers are already getting...
Makin' more things in the third dimension! Thanks once again to @3dfordesigners for the super fun class. Learning SO much. I'm excited to merge my existing type knowledge with 3D capabilities. pic.twitter.com/z3Vo0lSPM8— Scott Biersack (@youbringfire) February 14, 2018
spent all of today rigging & animating a bike ride! pic.twitter.com/hUTPI2VVA6— sailor mercury (@sailorhg) March 5, 2018
Here is a sneak peek of a 3D animation we have been working for a screen of a mobile app we are working on. Using Cinema 4D's Deformer Twist and Bend that we have learnt from @3dfordesigners ! Let us know how do you like it! https://t.co/oeb45bHHO2 pic.twitter.com/tCIG5tg138— Minami (@minami_digital) July 2, 2018