Start learning 3D with shape, line, form and color.
Join thousands of students already learning my 3D design techniques in Cinema 4D Lite!
UPDATE: We're full! Registration is closed.
Join the waitlist to be the FIRST to know when I open up more spots. 🙌
Hiiii! I'm Devon Ko. ✨
I’m the creator of 3D for Designers, THE place to be for designers who want to learn 3D!
I was an early designer at Dropbox and the founding designer of Codecademy, the world’s most popular learn-to-code platform.
My work has appeared all over the place! The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, TIME, SPIN, Rolling Stone...
After leaving Dropbox in 2014, I started a new career in 3D when I directed and animated a music video for Wilco.
Now I'm helping other designers start the next phase of THEIR career... 😍
Intro to Cinema 4D for Designers
This new, self-paced course gives you instant access to my design techniques for beautiful shape, form, lighting, color, and texture in 3D.
What you'll learn in this course:
- How to create, morph, and animate basic shapes
- The four key methods for designing complex and unusual shapes... the RIGHT way
- How to animate ANY attribute in 3D... including scale, rotation, and position
- How to instantly extrude type... and adjust the kerning, tracking, and baseline all in 3D
- How to draw lettering with a vector-like tool right in Cinema 4D... and animate it being drawn!
- The SPECIFIC settings to use for studio lighting setups... including which lights to use and WHERE to put them!
- My one-of-a-kind setups for jaw-dropping stylized lighting... that you won't find ANYWHERE else
- How to create stunning color and texture for objects, environments, and backgrounds
- The procedural techniques I use to animate grain, waves, water, and other surfaces
- And more…
Just take a look at the results designers are already getting...
Makin' more things in the third dimension! Thanks once again to @3dfordesigners for the super fun class. Learning SO much. I'm excited to merge my existing type knowledge with 3D capabilities. pic.twitter.com/z3Vo0lSPM8— Scott Biersack (@youbringfire) February 14, 2018
spent all of today rigging & animating a bike ride! pic.twitter.com/hUTPI2VVA6— sailor mercury (@sailorhg) March 5, 2018
It’s 3 AM and I had a very hard time closing my laptop to get some sleep after having so much fun with C4D thanks to Devon @3dfordesigners.— Manuel Sainsily (@sainxart) March 11, 2018
Here is a quick overview of what I’ve accomplished this evening 🏓 pic.twitter.com/7X8OaPLKu4